After watching so many episodes of America's Top Model and Project Runway during this holiday, I'm aspired to, not be a model, but walk like one (if it makes any difference). It was a tough one because I started having questions popping in my mind. I was struggling whether to swing my hands or not swing because I can't remember if the models do. I guess they do, because models have big, yet elegant actions. While brooding over the problem, I thought of how KaiSin dislikes people swinging hands while walking. But KaiSin walks like a model! So does it mean that models don't swing their hands?
Eventually, I came to the ultimate question-why do we swing our hands? Yes yes, my toe told me it's for body balance. However, I'm determined to find out the scientific explanation in layman terms.
"The to and fro motion of our arms provide a rotational thrust about the central vertical axis of the torso. This phenomenon occurs in accordance with the principle of conservation of angular momentum. While we move our hands forward and backward we counterbalance this momentum."
These two videos are super crazy! Hahaha. Well, we should try it out one day. I bet we'll end up rolling on the floor laughing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5NletBOvg&eurl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMd2Vabcv8&eurl
P.S I have stop trying to walk like a model. It is too tiring.
Floccinaucinihilipilification: the action of rating something as worthless
(I think this word is the most worthless. Who can remember the spelling! Faint)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment