Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I couldn't believe VernYie when she told me that the original stories of Walt Disney are nothing with innocent contents.


So I did my research, and my mouth agaped, not that VernYie was totally right, as there are so many versions, and of course many with controversy contents that claim to be real.


Of all that I've browsed through, I found this website, which again, claims to be real, interesting.


For those who are not readers, Snow White ends with "So Little Snow White went outside and dumped her baby in the well." instead of "They live happily ever after." In Aladdin, there is a line whereby Aladdin instructs "All good teenagers, take off your clothes." and the discriminative lyrics that sings "Where we blow ourselves up if we don't like your face." The caterpillar in Alice in the Wonderland sniffs drugs. The title song of Beauty and the Beast inspires teenagers to "do the beauty" on the dance floor and instead of "Be our guest, be our guest.", it is naughtily "Be our guest, get undressed." In The Lion King, when Simba and Nala are having their intimate relationship, the sand kicked up outlines three letters, S-E-X.


Well, everything is unverified. However, if unfortunately Walt Disney has really made us believe in fairy tales, which weren't at all happy, it has simply made the world a little brighter with hope.

No comments: